Wednesday, September 19, 2007

everything else

In African tradition, a man has to pay a sum to the family of his spouse to be before the marriage. During one summer I really had to marry my long-term sweet-heart but it was a year in which I was having extensive financial difficulty. I had to approach my bank to finance my marriage fee (lobola) and my advisor, unknown to African ritual was surprised. He promised to do a research on the matter. He later called me and said " We did a study on your propposed investment and we realised that in marriage life the first year the woman will talk and you will listen, then in the second year, you will talk and she will listen but in the third year both of you will talk and none will listen. The conclusion is that it is a risky investment which will be wriiten off in the third year."

1 comment:

STANLEY SEGAGE said...

THIS IS INTERESTING Mr. T.S TSEBE, PLEASE GIVE US SOME MORE OF THOSE STORIES.